- Patrik Mata~PreSonus Artist Of The Day
- Patrik Mata founded his flagship musical endeavor Kommunity FK in Los Angeles in 1978, just as the aftershocks of the opposite coastâ€™s punk-rock shakeup were beginning to register in his area. A casual observer might be inclined to file Kommunity FK under â€śGothâ€ť and leave it at thatâ€”but to do so would be a clear indicator that said casual observer wasnâ€™t paying close attention.
Many components of the Kommunity FK gestalt are more literary than musical: Mata confesses to being inspired by Burroughs, Dali, and Dadaism. Sonically, Mataâ€™s influences are incredibly diverse. While some are more pronounced than othersâ€”nods to David Bowie are worn proudly on a crushed velvet sleeveâ€” [Read More...]
- PATRIK FK'S SONG ROULETTE
- Patrik FK is the lead vocalist and guitarist for venerable L.A. death rock band Kommunity FK. He also heads up local hexabilly punk band Texylvania. That actâ€”which, full disclosure, includes the husband of yours trulyâ€”will be performing on Saturday in observance of Sanctuary Above the Cryptâ€™s Better Off Than Dead Graveyard Bash. The one-year anniversary party for the monthly convening of goths also involves live music, suspension and dark arts performances, and a bevy of DJs. Black-and-white attire and creative makeup are requested ... so, you know, leave your tie-dye at home.
We asked Mr. FK to put an MP3 library on shuffle. Below are the random results, culled from a BlackBerry, with commentary written in his own stylized fashion.
- PATRIK FEATURED ON PRESONUS ARTIST SPOTLIGHT
Patrik's long time endorser "PreSonus" has just launched their new
website and Patrik is a feature on their 'Artist Spotlight'. We had to keep this under wraps as the new lauch was top secret. Patrik as asked a full range of questions for this Spotlight interview.There are new photos of Patrik featured on the new PreSonus website as well.
- Interview With Sherry Rubber Of Texylvania
- Now as we all know, you also play in Kommunity FK. Do you find that your work with KFK has had a lot of influence in your work with Texylvania?
Not at all. Patrik and I keep things totally separate from Kommunity FK and Texylvania as full respect to both bands. Texylvania is a whole different world from the Deathrock/Gothik world of Kommunity FK.